lenya-user mailing list archives

From Rainer Schöpf <rainer.scho...@proteosys.com>
Subject Re: Support for Active Directory???
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:04:57 GMT
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Rich Moffitt wrote:

 > Hi guys,
 > I never post to this list but I always see the conversations going back and
 > forth.  Hopefully I'm spitting out some info that helps.
 > Usually with AD authentication, everything works without much modification
 > (AD really is just LDAP but customized).  Things to keep in mind are:
 > - user id is sAMAccountName in Active Directory
 > - credentials can be provided in cleartext or SASL... or just connect SSL
 > - credentials can be formatted as fully qualified or as "user@domain"

That's what I thought. Using Kerberos tickets is, in my opinion, the way to go.

(Not only for http: I see no reasons why I should type in my password when
accessing my mail. I have a valid Kerberos ticket, the IMAP server uses AD for
authentication. But this requires SPNEGO/GSSAPI on both ends, which is often
not implemented.)