lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jürgen Ragaller <ragal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for Active Directory???
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:00:17 GMT
Hi JH

> http://people.apache.org/~coar/mlists.html#lenya.apache.org

interesting - thx.

>> How mature is the product?
>>

> 1.2.x is used by some large organizations (e.g., some Swiss
> universities, the European patent office, the Mobiliar insurance
> company) for a couple of years now. Maybe some of the users can
> comment on this?

A customer of us uses 2.0.1 in production for almost 4 Months now. OK
not a high traffic website but it is working without any problems
(minimax.ch).

>> Why should anyone choose Lenya instead of, for example, Typo3?

Two points I can remember were important to us at the time we made our
choice (Typo3 and Plone were in the final round of our lengthy cms
odyssee).

- Lenyas admin gui is pretty straight forward and we think is easier
to get into for our client then the rather complex typo3 gui (at least
at the time we made our choise of cms)

- Using xsl for Templating was a +. A language to learn and use not
only for lenya templates but for many other tasks as well. This might
not be the case for typo3 script. And the workflow can be: Design >
xhtml written by anyone > lenya rendering xslt. The templating is
really a nice process.

And, yes a decision to move towards java in the long term was
important too.

Jürgen

null-oder-eins GmbH Zürich
web & graphic design