lenya-user mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <richard.frov...@sendit.nodak.edu>
Subject Re: Support for Active Directory???
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:11:44 GMT
jazzhazze wrote:
> How active is the user community of Lenya?
>
> How often is the product updated?
>
> Are there any "libraries" with user contributed files/modules etc.?
>
> How mature is the product?
>
> Why should anyone choose Lenya instead of, for example, Typo3?
>
> /JH

I will echo J├╝rgen's opinion about Typo3's UI being more complex than
Lenya's. The department I am part of is offering Typo3 to the
institution as their CMS. It works well, and has many more features than
Lenya. However, it is more complex to use. There are tree operations
that their admin must do in kind of a weird way. Operations that
standard users can do in Lenya (move a page up or down for example). My
group on the other hand has been able to deploy Lenya to about 60
different schools with much less support. We provide the site admins
with about 2 hours of training via phone, then we follow up with 4 hours
of in person training for the teachers. That seems to be effective for us.

The use of XSLT was a big plus for us as well. We did not want to learn
yet another proprietary templating language.

I've been running versions of 2.0 code since October in production.
Right now I am running 2.0.1 (plus a couple of patches) and it is stable.

Richard