lenya-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Search index scope
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:39:38 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya users,
>
> at the moment, we configure the search index per publication. It is
> probably possible to use the same search index across multiple
> publications, but I wonder if this flexibility is really necessary or
> could maybe be even harmful.
>
> I see the following advantages of using a common index for all
> publications:

I think a common index is bad, because

- What if the index is becoming corrupt for whatever reason?
- What if you want to use one single Lenya instance for hosting multiple
publications and one needs to protect the content from each other

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup