lenya-user mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <richard.frov...@sendit.nodak.edu>
Subject Re: request
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 14:46:24 GMT
kanth nalluri wrote:
> sir,
>
>                          i am very much interested in apachelenya...
>    I am enhancing it  i am doing it as my final year MCA project. i am
> using lenya 2.0  and jdk1.5.0_12
>

>                                      inside the src folder i saw the
> codings for  the file user ,ldap user and cfis user. and there is a
> user  named   abstract user also ... actually i want to do the
> following module
>
>                           Allow selection of user type on creation
> screen-we now have various
> user implementations(file user,ldap user,cfis user) and it would be
> good to
> have a dropdpwn menu in the user creation screen to select the user type
>
>  i am not getting a clear idea  sir .. what is this creation screen
> .....   where it will be  ....  how to create the dropdown menu  in
> that   user creation screen to select  the  user type.
>  please help me sir..... please ...

Follow the existing code. Right now there isn't support for a drop down.
There is support for adding multiple user types to the users display,
which would be under modules-core/administration/usecases/users.jx.
user.jx is the display to create the actual user. You'll see in
src/pubs/default/config/access-control/access-control.xml where you can
add multiple user types to be interpreted by users.jx to give you
multiple buttons so that user.jx would have the correct information.

Look at the admin.users, which is the usecase behind users.jx.
admin.addUser controls users.jx which is the display for adding an
actual user. I've created my own usecase for my user type and hacked
users.jx to add a button for it.

Finally I don't know if CIFS user works or not.