lenya-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Addind "ShareMe" functionality into the pages
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 07:29:54 GMT
On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 17:31 +0100, Milan Ježdík wrote:
> According to this: http://solprovider.com/lenya/variableshowto I am able
> to put the parameters into my page (ad 1). Using
> {page-envelop:document-url-without-language}.
>
> I still don't know how to convert special chars into HEX entities (ad
> 2). So I still need help with creating the encoded article URL for
> bookmark services (Exactly how to produce this:
> http%3A%2F%2Flenya.apache.org%2Fscreenshots.html
> from this:
> http://lenya.apache.org/screenshots.html ?

Hmm, why you need it so verbose?

> I was thinking about using XSP to do this but I am afraid about the site
> performance.

I would create a small java helper class that is doing the conversion
(URLHexEncoder.java#encode(string)), then you can write an input module
that is using the helper to calculate the url encoding and/or using it
from a jx page.

URLHexEncoder.java

public class URLHexEncoder {
 public static String encode(String url){
  String resultUrl = null;
  //calculate your resultUrl and then
  return resultUrl;
 }
}

However there is org.apache.cocoon.util.NetUtils that may offer already
the decode/encode functionality you are looking for.

Then from an input module (URLHexEncoderModule.java)

public class URLHexEncoderModule extends AbstractInputModule {
  public Object getAttribute(String name, Configuration modeConf, Map
objectModel) throws ConfigurationException {
   return URLHexEncoder.encode(name);
 }
}

or from jx

<jx:set var="hexUrl"
value="${Packages.your.path.URLHexEncoder("URL")}"/>

HTH

salu2