lenya-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: migration from lenya1.2.4 to lenya2.0
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:51:37 GMT
Jann Forrer wrote:

>>I have implemented all my sites in lenya1.2.4 where i have added my
>>own custom module and also modified the SiteTreegenerator to generate
>>the link based on session data
>>now i want to use lenya2.0
>>so can i transfer all my code from lenya1.2.4 src to lenya2.0 directly
>>i mean how can i migrate my lenya1.2.4 src to lenya2.0 , is there any
>>specification or tutorial on net where i can find this.
>>please help me out to solve this problem.
>>

>Sorry for the late answer. I did start to write a module in order to
>import stuff from 1.2 to 2.0. At the moment only a very basic version
>works. It imports only the content 1.2 to 2.0 (default publication). I
>will try to improve and extend the module in the future. If it helps i
>can commit this first version to the sandbox.

that would be great. I am afraid though, that migrating customizations
(logic and design) still need to be done by hand.
I know this will always be a problem, but I think with versioned
interfaces which are used also by future core versions can reduce the
efforts to a minimum resp. give people a choice instead forcing to dump
everything that was done once.
This will also make sure that people will stick with Lenya instead
pushing them away to look for alternatives.

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup