lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Nettingsmeier <netti...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Flowscript and JXTemplates in Lenya
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:45:59 GMT
stevecam wrote:
> I want to make use of Flowscript and JXTemplates from Lenya.
>
> My requirement is to create pages that incorporate data from a database into
> tables and allow users to select rows in the tables, their selection in turn
> affecting what they see on the next page. Flowscript seems to be a simple
> means to acheive this.
>
> Also, I want to make use of the JDBi javascript database interface library
> in the Cocoon "Easy SQL database access" demo in the forms block.
>
> My task now is to find the best way to make use of these means in Lenya.
> There is some information available on how to use CForms from Lenya but no
> good example of Javaflow and JXTemplates.
>
> Specifically I want to generate the page body (that would normally come from
> an index_en.xml file (or other language version of it)) via a JXTemplate and
> to have a Flowscript use (call) a modified Lenya pipeline to aggregate the
> body with my sites standard header, footer, breadcrumb.
>
> I presume that for the Lenya menu highlighting and breadcrumb functionality
> to work then the page must be one in the Lenya sitetree.
>
> I'll have a go at this now and add to this thread with my results, but if
> anyone has already implemented such a thing I'd be happy for some help.

if you need flow, you should implement it as a usecase.

in lenya 2.0, there is a document type called "usecasedocument", which
allows you to disguise a usecase (which normally has a view that's
orthogonal to documents) as a plain document, which you can include in
your navigation menu and handle it as if it were just another xhtml doc.
perhaps andreas can chime in with more details here?

alternatively, you could create a custom doctype that will just contain
a database query and a link to a special xslt that renders it to the
desired xhtml output. i've done that for accessing an xml database, and
it worked ok. i'd be glad to help out, but i only know lenya 2.0...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.