lenya-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Scaling Lenya for high volume websites
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:18:35 GMT
Seth Gottlieb wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am working on an evaluation of Lenya and I was wondering about
> common strategies for scaling to high traffic volumes.  I noticed
> some posts recommending the use of reverse proxies and I saw this
> article: http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-data/attachments/GT2006Notes/
> attachments/10-caching.pdf
>
> Does anyone know what high traffic sites like NZZ

AFAIK NZZ doesn't use Lenya anymore but has switched to some closed
source CMS from scandinavia (polopoly).

http://www.pressebox.de/pressemeldungen/netpioneer-gmbh/boxid-116291.html

But IIRC they had two Tomcat/Lenya nodes behind two load-balancers
(radware) and were using Akamai

> and Wired do?

AFAIK they were using a regular Apache httpd in front and didn't serve
the pages with Lenya directly.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, because Wired News was sold
shortly after the relaunch and might have switched again the platform.

HTH

Michael

> Do  they deploy static HTML to simple web servers?  Do they deploy
> the  publication to a cluster of read-only Lenya instances?  Any
> information would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seth
> ===============================
>
> Seth Gottlieb
> Content Here
> P.O. Box 60062
> Florence, MA 01062
> http://www.contenthere.net
>
> office: 857.488.4386

Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup
http://www.wyona.com
michael.wechner@wyona.com, michi@apache.org
+41 44 272 91 61