lenya-user mailing list archives

From stevecam <stephen.came...@geometryit.com>
Subject Using Flowscript and JXTemplates in Lenya
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 02:10:28 GMT

I want to make use of Flowscript and JXTemplates from Lenya.

My requirement is to create pages that incorporate data from a database into
tables and allow users to select rows in the tables, their selection in turn
affecting what they see on the next page. Flowscript seems to be a simple
means to acheive this.

Also, I want to make use of the JDBi javascript database interface library
in the Cocoon "Easy SQL database access" demo in the forms block.

My task now is to find the best way to make use of these means in Lenya.
There is some information available on how to use CForms from Lenya but no
good example of Javaflow and JXTemplates.

Specifically I want to generate the page body (that would normally come from
an index_en.xml file (or other language version of it)) via a JXTemplate and
to have a Flowscript use (call) a modified Lenya pipeline to aggregate the
body with my sites standard header, footer, breadcrumb.

I presume that for the Lenya menu highlighting and breadcrumb functionality
to work then the page must be one in the Lenya sitetree.

I'll have a go at this now and add to this thread with my results, but if
anyone has already implemented such a thing I'd be happy for some help.

Thanks

Steve Cameron