lenya-user mailing list archives

From stevecam <stephen.came...@geometryit.com>
Subject problems using flash video with Lenya
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 06:59:51 GMT

I am currently attempting to add a Flash video to an HTML page serverd by
Lenya and am having problems.

I am taking a working version of a page provided by the flash content
developer, this has the following code:

<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
.
.
.

<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent(
'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0','width','400','height','320','id','FLVPlayer','src','FLVPlayer_Progressive','flashvars','&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Corona_Skin_3&streamName=aviation&autoPlay=true&autoRewind=true','quality','high','scale','noscale','name','FLVPlayer','salign','lt','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','FLVPlayer_Progressive'
); //end AC code
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

I tried to make use of this code, the 'AC_FL_RunContent' javascript function
is provided by Adobe and adds the flash viewer object to the page
dynamically. I had an problem in Lenya using this method as the string
"&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Corona_Skin_3&streamName=aviation&autoPlay=true&autoRewind=true"

could not be parsed due to the presence of the & characters.

In looking for a means to get around this issue I found the SWFObject
javascript object by Geoff Stearns at http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/.
This gave me an alternate means of achieving the same thing as
'AC_FL_RunContent' but a bit more readable and with the FlashVars string
broken up. However, I still have the same problem, no video plays. It seems
that the FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf file is downloaded from the Lenya server
but the video (streamName=aviation) and skin (skinName=Corona_Skin_3) cannot
be obtained by the player.

I have a simple test script that works when all files can be accessed
locally, as below:

<head>
  <script src="swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>
</head>

<script type="text/javascript">

   var so = new SWFObject("FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf", "objflash", "400",
"320", "8", "#FF6600");
		so.addVariable("MM_ComponentVersion","1");
		so.addVariable("skinName","Corona_Skin_3");
		so.addVariable("streamName","Aviation");
		so.addVariable("autoPlay","true");
		so.addVariable("autoRewind","true");
		so.write("flashcontent");

</script>

changing the location of "FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" to be
"http://localhost:8082/lenya/TLP/authoring/INDIVIDUAL/IDV-ABOUT-TL/AVIATION-SECTOR/FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf"

results in that file being downloaded to the browser, so I suspect that the
problem is accessing the skin and stream files from the server but making
these static links does not work either, ie:

so.addVariable("skinName","http://localhost:8082/lenya/TLP/authoring/INDIVIDUAL/IDV-ABOUT-TL/MARITIME-SECTOR/Corona_Skin_3.swf");
so.addVariable("streamName","http://localhost:8082/lenya/TLP/authoring/INDIVIDUAL/IDV-ABOUT-TL/MARITIME-SECTOR/Aviation.flv");

In looking at the Lenya log I've just now seen that my diagnosis is correct:

106695048 2007-11-21 17:46:01,324 [http-8082-Processor22] ERROR
sitemap.handled-errors.prepareErrorHandler():167  - No pipeline matched
request:
TLP/authoring/INDIVIDUAL/IDV-ABOUT-TL/MARITIME-SECTOR/Corona_Skin_3.swf

Should have thought to look there earlier!!!

What do I need to add to the Lenya sitemap, any suggestions?