lenya-user mailing list archives

From Joern Nettingsmeier <netti...@folkwang-hochschule.de>
Subject Re: Looking for an IRC proxy on port 80 (was Re: live video of lenya meeting in zurich from july 10-13)
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2007 22:36:49 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 22:33 +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> hi everyone!
>> to participate in discussions, you can use the #lenya channel on
>> irc.freenode.net. i'll try to be there all the time and relay your
>> questions/comments to the local crowd.
>
> Does somebody knows a good IRC proxy. On my current job I have the port
> closed by the cooperate firewall. I am looking for a irc client and
> proxy where I can use port 80 for joining.
>
> Any information or suggestions welcome.

dunno about port 80, but do they allow outgoing ssh? my favourite mode
of operation is to ssh somewhere, start a SCREEN session and use irssi
for chatting. that way, i'm not missing stuff when i go offline.

if they don't do content-based filtering at your place, you could set up
a ssh server on port 80 somewhere. a little dirty, but it does the job.

--
jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

Kurt is up in Heaven now.