lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Nettingsmeier <pol-ad...@uni-duisburg-essen.de>
Subject Re: [1.4] Cocoon cache error
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 15:05:58 GMT
Richard Frovarp wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>> Richard Frovarp wrote:
>>> I am getting the following error:
>>>
>>> cocoon-ehcache-1Cache: Could not remove disk store entry for
>>> PK_G-file-file:/usr/local/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/pubs/demo/config/publication.xconf_T-xslt-file:/usr/local/lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/xslt/modules/modules2xinclude.xsl;area=authoring_T-xinclude-XInclude.

>>> Error was cocoon-ehcache-1 Cache: The Disk store is not active.
>>
>> i've seen a similar error twice during the last 2 days.
>> but mine is transitional - when i reload the page, it usually goes away.
>> looks like a cocoon issue to me, but i have no time to investigate atm.
>> one way to pinpoint the problem could be to check the cocoon svn logs
>> for changes to the caching mechanism and then to revert only the
>> cocoon external branch to before that change...
>>

> I've found the error, not sure why I just began seeing the problem,
> however. On my install there is a /tmp/cocoon-ehcache-1.data and a
> /tmp/cocoon-ehcache-1.index. I have been trying to run two versions of
> Lenya at once on the machine. One for my users to test on, one for me to
> test different things, that may or may not require restarting Lenya.
> Depending on which user owns the cache files, the other users have
> issues. Next step is figuring out if there is a way to get my two
> installs to use different directories.

ah, yes. that was probably my mistake as well... thanks for this info!
i wonder if it should be documented soomewhere, but i can think of a
good place. if you do figure out how to run multiple lenya/jetty
instances concurrently on one machine, perhaps you could create a short
wiki page?

regards,

jörn