lenya-user mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: how does log4j logging work?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 04:09:13 GMT
On 8/21/06, Joern Nettingsmeier <pol-admin@uni-due.de> wrote:
> can anyone explain how to do the following?:
> * dump all log levels to the console when running tests? (i need this to
> chase a problem with andreas' repository migration test)

FILE: build/lenya/webapp/WEB-INF/log4j.xconf
CHANGE:
    <appender name="COCOON_DEFAULT" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
TO:
    <appender name="COCOON_DEFAULT" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
CHANGE:
      <priority value ="error" />
TO:
      <priority value ="info" />

> * redirect specifig loggers to files
Maybe you can now figure it out from reading that file.  I am better
with log4j.properties, and a quick attempt at adding a file logger did
not work.  I could not decide if the category name should be a class
name or a logger name.  The example implies it is a class name, but
everything I know says it should be a logger name.

solprovider