lenya-user mailing list archives

From "Josias Thoeny" <josias.tho...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: clear cache for a page or publication
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 19:17:32 GMT
> Hi,
> I've implemented the cocoon clear-cache for an instance of Lenya. This
> is needed as a publication includes several page fragments using the
> cinclude mechanism which do not "re-fresh" after editing. (a fragment
> gets edited but the page served contains the cahced version of the
> fragment.) The  idea  of the clear cache was to allow content editors
> the ability to "refresh the page" after editing.
>
> However the clear cache clears the cache for all publications. This is a
> bad thing. Has anyone limited the clear cache to a particular
> publication or a particular page ?

Hi Lee,

Sorry, I don't know how to clear only one part of the cache...
But I think it should be possible to get the updated page without deleting
the cache.
IIRC the cinclude transformer shouldn't do any caching unless it's
explicitely configured to so, see also the section about caching in:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/cinclude-transformer.html

Maybe the caching happens in the pipeline which serves the fragments to be
included? Would it be an option for you to set the pipeline to noncaching
(<map:pipeline type="noncaching">) ?

If you find out where exactly the caching happens, it may give you a hint
about what's going wrong.

Josias