lenya-user mailing list archives

From Dave Sunerton-Burl <d...@lledr-solutions.co.uk>
Subject Re: Upgrading Lenya 1.2.x
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 10:30:41 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:

> you might just want to make a copy of your "data" and setup another
> server parallel (e.g. another Tomcat) parallel to your productive
> system, install
> there Lenya 1.2.4 and then copy the "data" (content, resources,
> config/ac/..)
> into this new system and then test it.
Yes, I'll give it a go. You've highlighted what I think my real problem
is - identifying what is the "data" and where it is. Also, there's all
the changed config files and layout/look etc. etc. (not to mention all
the little bug fixes which we've put in from various sources). I think I
may be spending some quality time with a diff program......

So, in your list (content, resources, config/ac/) is that it? Or are
there other purely content locations? If anyone can point me to a
detailed description of the structure of the default pub that would be
really helpfull.

Thanks
--
Dave Sunerton-Burl