lenya-user mailing list archives

From Joel Greenyer <jgreen...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: Problems building 1.4alpha1
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:58:18 GMT
Ron Wheeler wrote:

> does the file exist?

No, the lenya.roles file does not exist. I can copy the file manually
from \src\java\org\apache\lenya to \WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\lenya.
But, then I get the following error:
Message: Cannot load class 'org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException' at
file:/D:/Programme/apache-lenya-1.4-dev-src/build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap:269:88
This is where I stopped manually fixing things, because it rather seems
like there's something wrong with versions or paths, maybe settings in
my build.properties?
Any idea?
I tried the same steps a few times and I always have the same problem.

Thanks for helping

Joel

> Joel Greenyer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have a problem building Lenya 1.4alpha1 under Windows.
>> I have unpacked the Lenya Windows source code ZIP as well as the
>> Cocoon 2.1.7 sources as described in the installation instructions.
>>
>> The build doesn't work in the first place. So, I adapted the
>> local.build.properties in the following line:
>> cocoon.src.dir=../../cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X
>> This line I changed to
>> cocoon.src.dir=../cocoon-2.1.7
>>
>> Then, the build doesn't work without manually building Cocoon
>> beforehand (though, the installation instructions say "In 1.4, the
>> Lenya build process takes care of building Cocoon as well.")
>>
>> After these steps, the build works (with a few warnings), but I still
>> have problems.
>> After starting Jetty, instead of a start page, I see an
>> Initialization Problem
>> "...'/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/lenya/lenya.roles' cannot be found."
>>
>> Is there maybe a problem with the version of Cocoon or Paths? Do I
>> have to adapt more build properties?
>>
>> Well, thanks for helping.
>>
>> Joel

Freundliche Grüße / With kind regards