lenya-user mailing list archives

From "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>
Subject Re: Errors?? in startup sequence
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:20:53 GMT
Marcus Andersson schrieb:
> When I start Lenya (with debugging turned on) I get to a state after a
> while where the following is repeated over and over with a period of a
> couple of seconds.
>
> 83528 2005-06-03 11:31:23,365 [Thread-0] DEBUG
> core.runnable.default.execute():191  - Executing Command:
> org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.CocoonStoreJanitor@c8769b,pool=d
> 83528 2005-06-03 11:31:23,365 [Thread-5] DEBUG
> core.store.janitor.memoryLow():235  - JVM Memory total: 513802240, free:
428711584

Looking at the source of Cocoon's StoreJanitorImpl, this line is printed
in debug mode when Cocoon checks to see if the memory is low. In this
case, it is not - otherwise Cocoon would have printed a "Memory is low!"
debug message as well - so everything seems OK with memory. In other
words this is not an error.

> (...)
> I had this problem from the beginning when I installed Lenya. After a
> while it justed started to work (after like > 10 restarts of the
> servers) but after a restart of the machine I got into the same
> behaviour again.

I am not sure I understand your problem. The store janitor logging debug
messages regularly is, by itself, nothing unusual.

Are you saying when you startup Lenya, something is not working ? What
exactly ? I mean what happens when you start up the servlet engine; does
Lenya respond to requests and so forth.

 > -Xmn100M -Xms500M -Xmx500M.

Hmm, I don't know what exactly the effect of Xmn is. According to
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/VMOptions.html, this is to "Set the
size of the young generation" which frankly sounds very mysterious to me
;) Did you find this option in some Lenya docu ?

FWIW Here are the options I use :
-Xms512M -Xmx512M

--
Wolfgang