lenya-user mailing list archives

From ans...@tnoo.net (Martin Lüthi)
Subject Lenya Installation
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:08:44 GMT
Hi there

First: I am really impressed how far you guys got with Lenya!

However, I have some small complains about the installation procedure as
documented on

http://lenya.apache.org/installation/source_version.html

I tried to install the last snapshot.

-----
In the section

         Standalone Installation (using the built-in Jetty)

there is

         7. Configure Lenya

            cocoon.src.dir=$COCOON_HOME
            tomcat.home.dir=$TOMCAT_HOME

which is quite confusing. TOMCAT_HOME should not appear here.

-----

Then I was confused by the use of $COCOON_HOME in the installation
instructions. I even have this set as an environment variable, but it is not
checked in the build.properties. Instead of hard-wiring a specific version
(namely ../cocoon-2.1.6) it should honor $COCOON_HOME or just read
../cocoon (which could be a simlink).

-----

Expect more "complaints" from a dummy user. And keep the good work going!

Best Martin

--
Martin Lüthi                 answer@tnoo.net