lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange behavior with $root parameter and links
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:30:47 GMT
Linczak, Jonathan W. wrote:

>>>By the way, I was able to get around this (and the link now appears
>>>after serializing the doc) when I change the link from the $root to it's
>>>proxied address, http://www.someplace.com/.  Very strange... I'm
>>>thinking this must be a bug?
>>
>>The link doesn't disappear in this case because the
>>LinkRewritingTransformer matches only links of the form
>>
>>/{pub-id}/{area}/foo/bar[_{lang}].{extension}
>

> Andreas, so you're saying I need to add an index.html pretty much to all of my links
if I want them to appear?

What do you mean with "index.html"?

> If so, do you know what the reason was for that change in the LinkRewritingTransformer?

There was some bug fixing, the former SimpleLinkRewritingTransformer
didn't work correctly in all cases.

One of the purposes is to remove all internal links from the
live area to pages which don't exist.

Did you perhaps migrate the content from one servlet context
to another? (e.g., from Tomcat to Jetty) This can cause
problems and needs link migration.

-- Andreas