lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem deploying a publication
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:00:42 GMT
Enrico Ballarin Dolfin wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2004 11:24 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:
>
>>>Changes to the publication are always stored in this directory and not
>>>in /root/build/publications/innopark/, this means that if I try to deploy
>>>the publication again as described in NewPublicationHowTo, I'm deployng
>>>again the original and not the modified publication.
>>
>>Yes, this is a known issue.
>>You can avoid overwriting certain files using the
>>target.install.excludes parameter in build.properties.
>>

> For cocoon webapps was clear how to proceed:
> 1) build a WAR file from the distribution sources in the "build" directory
> and copy the WAR file to the tomcat webapps directory.

> 2) After that there was no more need of the "build" directory to develop a
> webapp.
>
> In Lenya it's not so clear for me:
> 1) Copy the default publication to your target publication in the "build"
> directory and deploy it.

Do you mean the source directory?

Actually it is recommended to use the following structure
(to make sure we're talking about the same things)

/src/cocoon-lenya
/src/publications/innopark
/src/cocoon-2.1.5.1
/build/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29

> 2) Modify the publication in the tomcat webapps directory.

You should modify *only* the source of the publication,
*not* the installed version.

> 3) Deploy again lenya???

Yes.

> - When do I need to deploy lenya again?
 > Only when I add a new publication?

No, not only.

> Every time that I modify a publication?

Yes.

> - It seems that you need always the "build" directory of lenya for later
> working. Is this true?

You need the source directory of Lenya.

> - Cocoon is "self contained" in the sense that if you delete the "build"
> directory, your webapp continues to work and everything you need is included
> in the tomcat webapps directory "/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/cocoon".
> Can you say the same for lenya?

Yes. When your publication is finished (doesn't need further
modifications), the Lenya webapp is sufficient.

But as long as you want to modify your publication, you need
the Lenya sources.

> Is everything what you need included in
> "/usr/share/tomcat/webapps/lenya"?

As soon as your publication is finished, yes.

-- Andreas