lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: weird error with jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:54:33 GMT
Jann Forrer wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> Hello group,
>>
>> a friend of mine started a hosting server for cocoon/lenya/forrest.
>>
>> He installed a new server and installed lenya :). But now he got an
>> error that I never have seen before! Maybe somebody has an idea what
>> that can be:
>> From /logs/catalina.out >
>>
>> SEVERE: The scratchDir you specified:
>> /Library/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/work/Catalina/localhost/lenya is unusable.
>

> Somtimes ago I had similar problem but unfortunately I forget whether
> (or how) I solved it but I found the following URL at that time:
> http://www.intellij.net/forums/thread.jsp?forum=4&thread=51818&message=614958

> It seems that the process tries to write into an Dircecory which does
> not exist at that time.

In CocoonServlet.java, the upload directory should be created:

this.uploadDir.mkdirs();

The offending line in RequestFactory:

            File[] files = uploadDirectory.listFiles();
       ->   for (int i = 0; i < files.length; i++) {

 From the javadocs of File.listFiles():

"Returns null if this abstract pathname does not denote a directory"

Quite strange, but
a) the uploadDir has not been created or
b) the field was modified after the creation.

No idea, but maybe this helps to trace it.

-- Andreas