lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplej...@quoininc.com>
Subject Re: questions about lenya
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:41:29 GMT
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, news wrote:

> Am Fre, den 11.06.2004 schrieb Jean Pierre LeJacq um 17:25:
>
> i put the above pipeline in inside the publication-sitemap.xmap of my
> publication (matching is shown in sitemap.log). it's purpos is to
> intercept requests for index.html and generate a xml-stream from
> news-files inside a directory called "news" .... that works so far, so
> my result looks like:
>
> the question is now, how can i use the defined doctype-schemas to
> transform this to the beauty lenya-menu.
>

> > In the default publication, the pipeline that adds the lenya
> > authoring menu has this matcher:
> >
> >   <map:match pattern="lenyabody-*/*/*/*/**">
> yes, i saw this, but i'm uncertain where to how to get the needed
> parameters with my above schema.

If I understand correctly, once you have your document properly
aggregated, what you now need to do is pass control to the pipeline
that I referenced above.  This will add the lenya menu to your
document.  Passing control to a pipeline is done with the "cocoon:/"
protocol as follows:

  <map:generate src="cocoon:/lenyabody-edit/...>

See the default publication's publication-sitemap.xmap for an
example.

> > > generation of leafnodes:
> > > i'd like to create leafnodes for some pages on my site. so i registered
> > > the DefaultLeafCreator for the approperiate doctype... a leaf is then
> > > created, but the sitetree is updated in the branch-style.
>
> yes and i don't want the "somwhat/index_en.xml" structure for one area
> on my publication.
>

> >   If so, you'll have to extend the logic provide in the
> > default publication.
> i hoped i can achieve on modifieing the sitemap and create my one
> Creators, that simply calculate a filename from date and save the files
> to my "news" directory.

Yes, that's correct.  You'll need to define your own creator
function.  You'll also need to look at the lenya menu code to
disable the create new document entry when a user has selected a
leaf node.

--
JP