lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplej...@quoininc.com>
Subject Re: Simple JSP / Lenya question
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:20:36 GMT
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> The question is: I want to create a very simple JSP page.  I don't
> care about the template or anything, I just want to create a
> simple JSP page that echos "Hello World!" on the screen in proper
> XHTML.  Now, I want to integrate this into Lenya so that I can see
> it in the content organization hierarchy (menus), yet know I can't
> edit the output of the page using Lenya.  However, I'd like to
> edit the source from within Lenya's "Edit with One Form" and do
> whatever I need to with the coding.

Leaving aside whether this is a good idea :-)... yes you can do
this.

You need to have a sufficiently relaxed XML document type for your
content documents that will allow JSPs (essentially relaxing the
validation).  Ideally, you would define a set of JSP taglibs but my
guess is you want to enter Java code directly through the form
editor.  You may need to escape the Java code within CDATA blocks.
Also, you should understand that you may have trouble with
subsequent cocoon transformers/serializers if the resulting document
is not at least well formed XML.

--
JP