lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplej...@quoininc.com>
Subject Re: questions about lenya
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:25:50 GMT
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, news wrote:

> i try to create a publication out from the default publication .
>
> the frist problem i have:
> my index page is generated in the sitemap but i can't get the lenya-menu
> and the content on the site. i tried many ways, here is the best result
> (no content is shown :-)
>
> <map:pipeline>
>   <map:match pattern="*/index.html">
>
> ... snip ...

I difficult to see what pipeline processing is occurring here.  If
you haven't already, I suggest you increase the logging level for
sitemap processing to DEBUG in WEB-INF/logkit.conf and track the
processing in the file WEB-INF/logs/sitemap.log.

In the default publication, the pipeline that adds the lenya
authoring menu has this matcher:

  <map:match pattern="lenyabody-*/*/*/*/**">

> btw. i have all my doctypes proper configured and they work, when
> i create them via menu (so that a xml-file is created in content/)
> ... can i use this function for a stream like above?

Yes.

> generation of leafnodes:
> i'd like to create leafnodes for some pages on my site. so i registered
> the DefaultLeafCreator for the approperiate doctype... a leaf is then
> created, but the sitetree is updated in the branch-style.
>
> is it because i use the standard input-form and this form passes some
> parent-node parameters?

I don't quite follow the problem here.  What is the difference
between a leaf and a branch?  In a leaf, do you want to prevent
child nodes?  If so, you'll have to extend the logic provide in the
default publication.

> userdefined sourcecode:
> i saw in other sampe-publications that sourcecode is placed under
> a "java" directory. is this source automatically compiled or to i
> need to compile and placeit under WEB-INF/classes ?

I don't believe this is automatically compiled but that is easy to
check.  In any case, the resulting compiled code needs to be in
WEB-INF/classes or in WEB-INF/libs as a jar file.

--
JP