lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Linczak <lincza...@hiram.edu>
Subject Re: Simple JSP / Lenya question
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:11:42 GMT
Thanks Jean, I think I'm getting better at understanding the dynamic
side of Lenya and Cocoon, but still more questions on this topic.

One, you hinted that this would probably be a bad idea.  Can you shed
some light as to why this would be a bad idea, and what (in as plain
English as possible: me = newbie), what would be the ideal method of
creating dynamic pages through Lenya and Cocoon.  Just an overview only
(like, "the ideal method would be XSP, and you can accomplish this in
such-and-such a method").

Secondly, you mentioned creating a sufficiently relaxed XML document to
allow JSP code to be added.  I think I understand, but how exactly is
this done?  Remember, on the dynamic side, I'm a clueless individual
with Cocoon and Lenya, so I wouldn't even know where to begin to
accomplish such as task.  Would you be able to elaborate?

I hope my rather small and menial questions are helping some users out
there, but if I'm getting annoying to everyone, just fill me in.  :)

Jon