lenya-user mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Page not found under stress
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:31:03 GMT
André Velle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're planning to release a site based upon Lenya in a few weeks,
> but have run into a problem in stress testing. We're running 1.2dev on
> solaris 9 on two SunFire 3800 servers each with 4Gb ram and two 750mhz
> Ultrasparc IV processors.
>
> When we run up 20 simultaneous users (with realistic thinking times), we get
> "page does not exist in this language" errors from Lenya on all pages after ca
> 10 minutes full load. The problem persists until the servlet engine is
> restarted.
>
> Anyone seen anything like this?
> Is there a known bug that can cause this?

can you run the cocoon instrumentation to pin down the bottleneck?

what are your VM settings?

did you look into cocoon / lenya performance tuning?

consider a reverse proxy?

we'd be very interested if you could add your findings to the wiki at

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaPerformance

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya