lenya-user mailing list archives

From "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom Doctype
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:05:54 GMT
Eric Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi! I've been following the tutorial LenyaAddingCustomDocType
> (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaAddingCustomDocType) with
> no luck, since it seems Lenya is totally ignoring my
> "customDoctype2xhtml.xsl" stylesheet. I've tested my stylesheet with
> other processors (including Cocoon) and it works fine but lenya just
> ignores it. I've also noticed that if I add my templates to
> "xhtml2xhtml.xsl" on "mypub/xslt" it works fine, but that's not the
> point of having a custom doctype.
>
> So, I want to ask you 2 questions in concrete:
> 1) Is "mypub/xslt/xhtml2xhtml.xsl" always called or is Lenya defaulting
> the doctype to xhtml???

no. the doctype is chosen by looking into the file that matches the
request, getting the root namespace, and comparing that with the
definitions in doctypes.xmap. make sure to follow the naming conventions
throughout. if you have defined the name of your doctype as
customDoctype then thats what lenya expects.

is that the case for you?

> 2) does my sample xml (e.g. "customDoctype.xml") needs all "lenya" and
> "dc" tags present on the sample "xhtml.xml"?

no. only if you want to use asset management and metadata.

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya