lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lenya -- questions and observations
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 17:12:03 GMT
Hi Tobias,

Tobias Habermann wrote:

> I'd append a question: When can we expect a *usable* version, that can
> be installed and set up to fit a site's needs by the average web site
> admin, in other words version 1.0? My problem with Lenya is that the
> examples look really interesting and cool, but i don't because of the
> lack of documentation i dont know where to start in customizing one.

I understand your complaints, but it's a complicated situation
at the moment. We decided to refactor the system, and therefore
most of the existing documentation is obsolete. If you can and want
to invest some work, you can start using Lenya. A person that is
familiar with Cocoon and successfully installed Lenya will probably be
able to customize content and presentation after some hours of work.

I don't want to promise too much, but I guess you can expect a version
that has less of the "work in progress" look & feel in June or July.

Andreas