lenya-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lenya web-app Startup error
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 11:40:19 GMT
Rahul wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I finally managed to get Lenya built and deployed on Tomcat y'day =;o)

[...]
> (a) I am able to view the pages but I get the following error on Lenya
> web-app startup. Not sure where its picking up the incorrect path
> to log4.j.log from ? Tomcat is installed in e:\tools\tomcat4.1.24

[...]

> (b) Also, I encountered FileNotFoundException for *.pen files while
> trying to view documentation on local installation. I "fixed" this by
> copying *.pen files from
>     <CATALINA_HOME>\webapps\lenya\WEB-INF\entities
>     <CATALINA_HOME>\webapps\lenya\lenya\pubs\docs\content\live

As Michael already mentioned, this is usually caused by a relative
installation path in the build.properties file. The path is used to
specify the location of log4j.log and the location of the entity
resolver, so that your error messages are typical for this problem.

There should be a note in build.properties to use an absolute path,
but we probably should add a remark in the installation docs.

Andreas