lenya-user mailing list archives

From Jann Forrer <jann.for...@id.unizh.ch>
Subject Re: Installation problem
Date Mon, 26 May 2003 20:51:16 GMT
Hi Pekka

>However, the main problem still persists: pointing my browser to
>http://localhost:8080/lenya/ yields only a blank page.
>
>Does somebody here have any suggestions?  In an earlier posting
>someone mentioned about updating the Xalan and Xerces libraries.
>I tried this by copying xalan-20030506.jar, xercesImpl-2.4.0.jar
>and xml-apis.jar files from the Cocoon 2.1M2 distribution to
>\tomcat\common\endorsed, but it had no effect.

I have had similar problems some days ago using the Xalan and Xerces
versions shipped with Cocoon 2.1M1  cocoon-2.1-M1/lib/endorsed/. It seems
that the problem arises during the transoformation i.e. something does not
work with the version of the Xalan processor.
Therefore I took (copy to /tomact/common/endored) the necessary
libraries from the endorsed library (http://www.wyona.org/lenya/endorsed.tar.gz) as
described on http://www.lenya.org/installation/prerequisites.html (these are older
versions). After that and of course a new start of tomcat, lenya was
working.

Best regards

Jann