lenya-user mailing list archives

From Christian Egli <christian.e...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Lenya -- questions and observations
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 14:13:14 GMT
Tobias Habermann <thabermann@thabermann.net> writes:

> I'd append a question: When can we expect a *usable* version, that can
> be installed and set up to fit a site's needs by the average web site
> admin, in other words version 1.0?

How do you define *usable* version? Usable means different things to
different people. We use it in our customer projects. IMHO Lenya
currently has its strengths when it comes to advanced web sites
(multichannel publishing, etc.). For simple web sites the learning
curve currently is too high.

Although we are making progress in that area: the default publication
is very interesting and covers a lot of simple uses.

> My problem with Lenya is that the examples look really interesting
> and cool, but i don't because of the lack of documentation i dont
> know where to start in customizing one.

The documentation has to be written. We hope that we can write some in
conjunction with a customer project that we are doing at the moment.

We as a company can do things for which our customers pay us. As an
open source project we depend on outside contributions. Some people
have started Wiki pages. These should be integrated. Maybe you could
extend them as you get more and more into Apache Lenya.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich