lenya-user mailing list archives

From Christian Egli <christian.e...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Xopus / Bitlflux
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 13:57:32 GMT
"Christian Kreutz" <schreibchris@gmx.de> writes:

> Xopus and Bitflux are great but there is definetly a lack of
> functionality.

Xopus and Bitflux are two very different beasts.

> Xopus has even no line break and is for our clients simply useless.

Xopus can work with any xml schema. If the the schema doesn't contain
any line break then yes, it doesn't have line break. But if the schema
doesn't contain them you probably don't want to allow them.

> I miss in both editors more functions and those existing to work
> better, i.e.  list function.

What exactly do you mean by "list function"?

> Is there a plan of implementing for functions in the future?

The open source version of Xopus has been abandoned by the original
authors. I don't know of anyone that has picked up the
development. The Bitflux people are working on a "next-generation"
version of Bitflux.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich