lenya-dev mailing list archives

From florent andré <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Re: Release 2.1
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:54:03 GMT
Hi !

My opinion is that Lenya already use some uncommon (or at least not so
widely used libs and systems), and maven has the great advantage to be
the most used build system around.

I may agree with the limits we can find in Maven, but what are the
limits/pita in others systems ? (I don't really know them)

I think that our big problem is the developer (and then user) base, and
used widely adopted systems / libs, will really lower the entry barrier
and so the easy adoption.

I'm not against use Buildr or Cradle, but I'm doubt that they could be a
good strategic choice, and as a big newbie in them I'm not comfortable
with working on this migration.

++