lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 2.1
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:00:30 GMT
Am 27.01.13 14:15, schrieb Rudolf Korhummel:
> Hi Lenya Devs,
>
> Does it mean that we have to remove all binary libraries before we can
> do the new release ?
> If yes:  Would it be good to use maven instead of ant ?

This shouldn't be necessary, we could as well use Ivy (which can access
Maven repositories) for dependency management.

Having worked with Maven for a couple of years now, I'm not a particular
fan of it. The syntax is overly verbose, some concepts are very complex
(e.g. profiles) and the build process is very restrictive.

I don't think it is necessary or particularly beneficial to move away
from Ant for the existing codebase. If we decide to do this, though, we
might want to take a look at Gradle and maybe Buildr (Gradle seems to be
more stable, Buildr otoh is an Apache project).

-- Andreas