lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lenya 2.2 usable as a front-end for generic JCR repository?
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:38:02 GMT
Hi Michael,

Michael Mertins schrieb:
> if you don't mind, I would like to find out how far the JCR repository
> support is in Lenya 2.2: As it is based on Cocoon 2.2 and seems to have
> many JCR like classes, I wonder if I could use Lenya as a front-end for
> a generic JCR repository? I mean that's what JCR is all about, right?
> Replacing the old CMS with a new one and being able to keep the same
> repository under it?

Lenya 2.2 is in a very early development stage and not yet usable.

The JCR support is experimental and hasn't been maintained for a long time.

Apart from that: It won't be easy to find a front-end for a generic JRC
repository apart from a basic JCR browser. AFAIK you find such a browser
in the Sling project.

If you want to give Lenya a try, I'd recommend checking out the current
2.0.x branch which is based on a file system repository.

HTH,

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO