lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Content filters
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:48:52 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
>> I need to implement some ContentFiltering widgets for a lenya
>> publication. The widgets are basically selects over certain MetaData
>> fields on specific resource types.
>>
>> Our publication is focused on events of a certain region. You can add
>> events to certain categories and later on edit their content. This
>> events use meta data that allows filtering like place, start date, end
>> date, etc.
>>
>> One specific widget is e.g. cities. The containing options are all
>> cities of the different events (the duplicates removed). Clicking on the
>> filter will result in a listing of all events for that city.
>>
>> What is the preferred method in lenya to get all documents of a certain
>> resource type?
>
> I guess the most performant way is to use Lucene. The query would be:
>
> {http://apache.org/lenya/metadata/document/1.0}resourceType:foobar

Some more hints:

* Special characters in the query have to be escaped. There's more info
in the query parser syntax docs of Lucene.

* You find an example in the tagcloud module in the contributions area.
This is basically the same task: Find all documents with a particular
meta data value.

* Of course queries can be combined:

   +{…}resourceType:foo +{…}city:Sevilla

-- Andreas