lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tag cloud
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 13:06:00 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> I volunteered to take the lead in the implementation of the "tag
>> cloud" feature (see [1]).
> I added a first version to the contributions area. The tag cloud is
> visible in the defaultfiredocs publication.
>> Some initial ideas:
>> IMO it makes sense to use the Dublin Core element "subject" to assign
>> tags to a document [2].

> I didn't take care of the multi-value handling yet. The tags are just
> the terms which are indexed by Lucene. TODO: Define the meta element
> values as keyword index fields instead of text fields to support phrases
> (multi-word terms).

I have added the option to use keyword-type indexing for meta data, it
seems to work well. I'm not sure though if we should make the dc:subject
keyword-style indexed by default, maybe the more common usecase is
text-style indexing.

BTW, I added the index type configuration to the docs:

-- Andreas

Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH
Tel.: +41 (0) 43 818 57 01