lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tag cloud
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 13:06:00 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> I volunteered to take the lead in the implementation of the "tag
>> cloud" feature (see [1]).
>
> I added a first version to the contributions area. The tag cloud is
> visible in the defaultfiredocs publication.
>

>> Some initial ideas:
>>
>> IMO it makes sense to use the Dublin Core element "subject" to assign
>> tags to a document [2].

[…]

> I didn't take care of the multi-value handling yet. The tags are just
> the terms which are indexed by Lucene. TODO: Define the meta element
> values as keyword index fields instead of text fields to support phrases
> (multi-word terms).

I have added the option to use keyword-type indexing for meta data, it
seems to work well. I'm not sure though if we should make the dc:subject
keyword-style indexed by default, maybe the more common usecase is
text-style indexing.

BTW, I added the index type configuration to the docs:
https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/docu20/reference/metadata.html

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO