lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blog Module
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:24:27 GMT
Hi Vik,

Vik Tara schrieb:
> Have spent a bit more time looking at roller - it's very good!!
>
> In my view a lenya integration would have to accommodate:

[…]

> 3. Styling
>
> Roller uses it's own theme/template mechanism - so we would need to
> think of how the module could create a template based on the users lenya
>  styling.

… or we just pull the RSS/Atom and feed it into a pipeline. The pipeline
+ XSLT would be reusable for other feeds.

BTW, would it make sense to allow "mounting" a module at a particular
URL? E.g.

   /mypub/authoring/blog/** -> /modules/roller/{1}

Of course that can be done in the publication sitemap, but maybe we can
provide a more generic mechanism?

In this context: How do we tell the roller module which Roller
application it shall access? Maybe we could use some kind of generic
"module configuration document" which is used to mount a module at a
particular URL:

   /mypub/authoring/blog.xml

   <?xml version="1.0"?>
   <module id="org.apache.lenya.modules.roller">
     <param name="blogUri" value="http://localhost:8080/roller/myblog"/>
   </module>

In the easiest case, this could generate an Include statement:

   <i:include src="cocoon://modules/roller/?blogUri=…"/>

To support multiple-page apps, we could maybe generate Include
statements for "virtual" child documents (which don't exist in the site
structure), using the same params as the module base document:

   <i:include src="cocoon://modules/roller/post123.html?blogUri=…"/>

Just some random thoughts …

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO