lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 for 2.0.x branch?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 07:05:21 GMT
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> do you think it would be reasonable to move to Java 1.5 for the 2.0.x
> branch, i.e. require Java 1.5 for the 2.0.3 release? It's a real PITA
> that we can't use generics etc., and atm it looks like the 2.2 branch
> won't be taking off for quite a while. BTW, most of the modules in the
> contributions area are based on Java 1.5.
>
> WDYT?

+1, but I think even if everyone says +1 you should give it some lead
time, for example 1 month, by saying

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Switching to Java 1.5 by August 1st

which means until then all code still needs to be 1.4 compatible and
hence gives those people who use 1.4 enough time
to switch to 1.5 on their platform.

Cheers

Michael