lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod <vi...@propco.co.uk>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 for 2.0.x branch?
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 16:12:04 GMT
+1 from me andreas. java 1.5 is definitely the way to go

thanks
vinod

mail@schrick-design.de wrote:
>> We always use 1.5 so:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On 05/07/09 15:11, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lenya devs,
>>>
>>> do you think it would be reasonable to move to Java 1.5 for the 2.0.x
>>> branch, i.e. require Java 1.5 for the 2.0.3 release? It's a real PITA
>>> that we can't use generics etc., and atm it looks like the 2.2 branch
>>> won't be taking off for quite a while. BTW, most of the modules in the
>>> contributions area are based on Java 1.5.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> -- Andreas
>>>

> Same for us, all our Lenya 2.0.2/3 instances are running on Java 1.5 (in Windows and
Linux) with no problems, so:
> +1
>
> Gerd

Vinod Kumar
Project Manager
Technology Blueprint LTD

T : 08450047142 Extn: 5200
E : vinod@propco.co.uk
W : www.technologyblueprint.co.uk

Confidentiality Notice

The contents of this email are confidential and may be privileged, and
are intended only for the use of the person or company named herein. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those Studenthomes and Tara and Co Limited.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email or a person
notified that any distribution, copying or dissemination of the
information herein is strictly prohibited.