lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Vik Tara <...@propco.co.uk>
Subject Re: Blog Module
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:35:55 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
>> Hi Vik,
>>
>> Vik Tara schrieb:
>>> Have spent a bit more time looking at roller - it's very good!!
>>>
>>> In my view a lenya integration would have to accommodate:
>>
>> […]
>>
>>> 3. Styling
>>>
>>> Roller uses it's own theme/template mechanism - so we would need to
>>> think of how the module could create a template based on the users lenya
>>>  styling.
>>
>> … or we just pull the RSS/Atom and feed it into a pipeline. The
>> pipeline + XSLT would be reusable for other feeds.

Your on the button as usual - that's a much neater solution than mine -
i'll go with your idea!

>> BTW, would it make sense to allow "mounting" a module at a particular
>> URL? E.g.
>>
>>   /mypub/authoring/blog/** -> /modules/roller/{1}
>>
>> Of course that can be done in the publication sitemap, but maybe we
>> can provide a more generic mechanism?

+1

>> In this context: How do we tell the roller module which Roller
>> application it shall access? Maybe we could use some kind of generic
>> "module configuration document" which is used to mount a module at a
>> particular URL:
>
> I guess this wasn't entirely clear: The "module configuation document"
> would be a document in the Lenya content repository. It could be edited
> using the source editor, Firedocs etc.
>
> -- Andreas
>

>>   /mypub/authoring/blog.xml
>>
>>   <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>   <module id="org.apache.lenya.modules.roller">
>>     <param name="blogUri" value="http://localhost:8080/roller/myblog"/>
>>   </module>
>>

>> In the easiest case, this could generate an Include statement:
>>
>>   <i:include src="cocoon://modules/roller/?blogUri=…"/>
>>
>> To support multiple-page apps, we could maybe generate Include
>> statements for "virtual" child documents (which don't exist in the
>> site structure), using the same params as the module base document:
>>
>>   <i:include src="cocoon://modules/roller/post123.html?blogUri=…"/>

I was thinking of this slightly differently - ie the module would
install roller as part of the build (using ANT) - so the module would be
'aware' of the install.

I see how that could be problematic however - I think your solution
proposes that we hook to an already installed roller?