lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Jann Forrer <jann.for...@id.uzh.ch>
Subject Re: Blog Module
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:25:53 GMT
Hi Vik
> Have spent a bit more time looking at roller - it's very good!!
>
> In my view a lenya integration would have to accommodate:
>
> 1. Authentication
>
> Roller uses acegi for security. I have read some posts on the cocoon
> mailing list that suggest a method for getting acegi working with cocoon.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this?

Not really but  I did look at it during the work on the shibboleth
implementation.  It looked very promising to me!
However to integrate it into lenya is probably not that easy.
BTW acegi security project is becoming Spring Security. See:

http://www.acegisecurity.org/
> Essentially I am suggesting we would need to produce an additional
> module that allows lenya users to authenticate using acegi.

That would be really nice!

> 2. Viewing / Editing / Publishing
>
> It would make sense to add additional screens to the CMS area that allow
> for these features.
>
> I have taken a look at abdera and it looks promising. By creating a few
> actions we can publish content to roller using ATOM.
>
> Suggestions for the logic / flow of these screens would be helpful!
>
> 3. Styling
>
> Roller uses it's own theme/template mechanism - so we would need to
> think of how the module could create a template based on the users lenya
>  styling.
>
> All comments appreciated!

Jann