lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Vik Tara <...@propco.co.uk>
Subject Re: Blog Module
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:50:38 GMT
Hi Florent,

Florent André wrote:
> Hi, thanks for this mail,
>
> I have some questions / comment :
>
> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:53:36 +0100, Vik Tara <vik@propco.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
> [[...]]
>> 2. Viewing / Editing / Publishing
>>
>> It would make sense to add additional screens to the CMS area that allow
>> for these features.
>>
>> I have taken a look at abdera and it looks promising. By creating a few
>> actions we can publish content to roller using ATOM.
>>
>> Suggestions for the logic / flow of these screens would be helpful!
>
> How do you imagine the end user usecase ? :
>
> - Post is editing in Lenya
> - validation put post's content in Roller (but user don't see anything
> about that)
> - post reading is done via Lenya
>
> In fact, for user, blog posting on roller is like posting on Lenya, nothing
> show him that's on roller. That is ?

Yes - we would only need to show the user the actual blog post from
roller. My view was that the lenya module would install roller in
somewhere in the publications file system and access it from there if we
needed to display pages.

> And how is the process for people who post comment ?

They would post the comment directly on to the blog page - which would
be handled by roller.

>> 3. Styling
>>
>> Roller uses it's own theme/template mechanism - so we would need to
>> think of how the module could create a template based on the users lenya
>>  styling.
>
> Can you send a pointer where the Roller template mechanism is explain ? (if
> you have that in your bag)

Here you go:
http://mirror.public-internet.co.uk/ftp/apache/roller/roller-4/v4.0.1/docs/roller-template-guide.pdf

> 4. Content repository
>
> How Roller stock the content ? Like Lenya (uuid, visioning, ...) or on
> another way ?

I have not figured that bit yet! It does need a database however (Apache
Derby?)

Does anyone have any reservations about the module having to install a
database?

> Do you think it will be possible to transform blog post into Lenya document
> or publish a Lenya document into blog's post ?

For sure - I think that's how this will all work.

You create content in lenya, through a pipeline we post it to roller
using actions / abdera client.

Keep the comments coming!

Vik