lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Vik Tara <...@propco.co.uk>
Subject Re: Blog Module
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 10:53:36 GMT
Hi All,

Have spent a bit more time looking at roller - it's very good!!

In my view a lenya integration would have to accommodate:

1. Authentication

Roller uses acegi for security. I have read some posts on the cocoon
mailing list that suggest a method for getting acegi working with cocoon.

Essentially I am suggesting we would need to produce an additional
module that allows lenya users to authenticate using acegi.

2. Viewing / Editing / Publishing

It would make sense to add additional screens to the CMS area that allow
for these features.

I have taken a look at abdera and it looks promising. By creating a few
actions we can publish content to roller using ATOM.

Suggestions for the logic / flow of these screens would be helpful!

3. Styling

Roller uses it's own theme/template mechanism - so we would need to
think of how the module could create a template based on the users lenya
 styling.

All comments appreciated!

Regards

Vik