lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Florent André <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Re: Blog Module
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:35:58 GMT
Hi, thanks for this mail,

I have some questions / comment :

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:53:36 +0100, Vik Tara <vik@propco.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,

[[...]]

> 2. Viewing / Editing / Publishing
>
> It would make sense to add additional screens to the CMS area that allow
> for these features.
>
> I have taken a look at abdera and it looks promising. By creating a few
> actions we can publish content to roller using ATOM.
>
> Suggestions for the logic / flow of these screens would be helpful!

How do you imagine the end user usecase ? :

- Post is editing in Lenya
- validation put post's content in Roller (but user don't see anything
about that)
- post reading is done via Lenya

In fact, for user, blog posting on roller is like posting on Lenya, nothing
show him that's on roller. That is ?

And how is the process for people who post comment ?

> 3. Styling
>
> Roller uses it's own theme/template mechanism - so we would need to
> think of how the module could create a template based on the users lenya
>  styling.

Can you send a pointer where the Roller template mechanism is explain ? (if
you have that in your bag)

4. Content repository

How Roller stock the content ? Like Lenya (uuid, visioning, ...) or on
another way ?

Do you think it will be possible to transform blog post into Lenya document
or publish a Lenya document into blog's post ?

Looking forward to see this cool module !

http://abdera.apache.org/docs/api/org/apache/abdera/protocol/client/package-frame.html