lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Lenya Wiki] Update of "ModContrib" by FlorentAndre
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:33:59 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lenya Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by FlorentAndre:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ModContrib

The comment on the change is:

   * Setup wiki pages for external contributions
   * Give advice / recommendations for hosting

+ ==== Needs for hosting ====
+
+  * anonymous read access on source code
+  * write access to module's leader and to identified user
+
+ ==== Discussion about hosting ====
+
+  * I see two solutions for the hosting
+ 1) Use svn hosting provider (like sourceforge, google code, ...)
+  * a benchmark about the different hosting solution you know have to be done in order to
choice
+  * please list here hosting provider you know and list advantage and inconvenient you know

+  * Advantages
+   * no maintenance work
+   * tools provide
+  * Inconvenient
+   * each Lenya module is a project in a project on the provider, it could be hard to have
a global seen of contributor's modules
+   * risk to have many modules on many providers
+
+ 2) Use my dedicated server
+  * I begin to configure an svn server yesterday and it seems to be easy to have a repository
who respect the needs
+  * I would like to also set up a Lenya site dedicated to modules. It's allow to write things
on modules and retrieve informations from svn
+  * Advantages :
+   * all modules in a dedicated place, easy to have a global view
+   * could be a good for Lenya marketing : a Lenya site that show Lenya's modules
+   * may trust some new modules for Lenya
+  * Inconvenient
+   * administrative task (but could be low, if I have many, I will be happy)
+   * Server and administrator stability
+
  === Administrative support ===

+ ==== Commit ====
+
+  * Any one can set a new module, and have the module's lead
+  * the module leader can add other commiters on his module
+
+ ==== Quality Assurance ====
   * Quality Assurance is important for the Lenya software.
   * So, in the community site, the QA is not sure. However, feedback on the list, maturity
of the module and individual testing  should give information on the goodness of a module.
   * Maybe, if a community module is pretty much stable and useful, it will be include in
the Lenya's contribution branch ??