lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Popup checking
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:50:29 GMT
On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 15:44 -0500, Richard Frovarp wrote:
> One of my colleagues has developed some code that could be useful to
> Lenya. She has code the prevents the user from logging in if they have
> javascript and / or popups disabled for the site. I would like to
> integrate this code into Lenya.
>
> It is quite concievable that you could use Lenya without javascript and
> / or popups, so I don't know if we want to disable the login form or
> not. We certainly could display an error message that would go away if
> they have javascript turned on and are not preventing popups.
>
> Given how our link insertion code works, it is possible that someone
> could be working on changes, be faced with a popup to insert a link, get
> blocked, then have to reload the page to get the popups to work. At this
> point they've just lost all of their changes and are now quite unhappy
> with the result. If we do everything necessary at login point, this
> makes their experience much nicer.
>
> So, what do other thinks? Disable login? Or just show a message?

I agree that without jscript authoring does not makes sense, however I
am not sure whether there are people using login to their live site.

If so it maybe perfectly valid to not have jscript enabled, right? I
would go with the less intrusive variant and put a BIG WARNING message.

Nice feature and if you integrate the code please do not forget to give
credit to your colleagues in the commit messages (something like
due-to/submitted by ...). TIA Richard and colleagues.

salu2

> Richard

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)