lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Create Module Script
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:36:07 GMT
On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 09:09 -0500, Richard Frovarp wrote:
> Vik Tara wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Has anyone scripted the creation of a module structure?
> >
> > We usually follow this method:
> > http://lenya.apache.org/docu20/reference/modules.html
> >
> > But it would be nice to script this - and then keep such a script up to
> > date with future changes to module structure.
> >
> > Is this a sensible use of scripting - or am I missing obvious problems
> > that could be caused?

Like Andreas pointed out there are different usages scenarios for a
module. Being a plain usecase you would not need the stuff that you
normally put into a resource type.

> > TIA
> >

> > Vik
> >
> Perhaps a maven archetype?

Yeah, that sounds nice, we could have one for a resource type and one
for usecases. Only thing till now we do not use maven.

salu2

> Richard

´╗┐Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.at.apache.org>
Open Source <consulting, training and solutions>