lenya-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Java 1.5 for 2.0.x branch?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 09:50:55 GMT
On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 11:25 +0200,
rudolf.korhummel@uniklinik-freiburg.de wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> news <news@ger.gmane.org> schrieb am 08.07.2009 10:10:00:
>
> > Hi Rudolf,
> >
> > rudolf.korhummel@uniklinik-freiburg.de schrieb:
> > > Hi Michi,
> > >
> > > Michael Wechner <michael.wechner@wyona.com> schrieb am 07.07.2009
> 22:05:38:
> >
> > […]
> >
> > > Remember you'll get a beer from me if you can show me a Lenya 2.x
> > > installation using Java 1.4 .
> >
> > our demo and docu pub on the zone server still runs on 1.4.
> > Unfortunately 1.5 isn't yet available on the zone. We could ask infra to
> > upgrade.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this counts as an installation though, so the beer might
> > still be negotiable :)
> >

> Very good point ! :)
> Would it be problem to upgrade ?
> I think the infrastructure team will get a beer for the Installation of 1.5
> and I'll offer beer at our next meeting.
> And Michi will probably get one.

Zones installation is in our hands, any committer can ask for access. So
a beer for the ones that is maintaining the zones server. ;)

All this beer offers made me thirsty. ;)

As I understand: Michis main point is the process of raising the java
version has to follow some rules (which then have been lay out). Rudolfs
point is that is doubly that there are production environments based on
1.4 in combination of 2.0.x. However as Andreas point out we actually
have this situation on our zones server. Meaning we can not update till
somebody updates our java on zones.

I think we should stick with 1.4 for the upcoming release and add a
headsup to point out that is the last version to officially support
1.4.

In any way there is always http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net/ for
those who wants to keep 1.4. for their lenya installations.

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)